The following Terms and Conditions (these “Community Terms”) apply to any participant (each, a “Community Participant”) in the Raise community for investors and emerging fund managers (the “Raise Community”). By accessing this website, registering for, or attending, any conference affiliated with the Raise Community, or otherwise participating in the Raise Community, each Community Participant is automatically registered with the Raise Community (the “Community Registration”) and hereby agree to the following:
2) Community Participants must be (i) at least 18 years of age and (ii) have a valid Community Registration to participate in the Raise Community.
3) The Raise Community reserves the right to revoke any Community Registration at its sole discretion.
4) Only the individual named in a Community Registration can use that Community Registration. Each Community Registration is non-transferable without the prior consent of the Raise Community.
5) IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RAISE COMMUNITY OR ITS SPONSORS BE LIABLE TO ANY COMMUNITY PARTICIPANTS, OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR (a) ANY PERSONAL INJURY OR DAMAGES TO PROPERTY, (b) DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS OR OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR SIMILAR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE RAISE COMMUNITY, EVEN IF THE RAISE COMMUNITY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, (c) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT IN THE RAISE COMMUNITY OR THE RAISE WEBSITE, (d) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE RAISE WEBSITE OR INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (e) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION OF THE RAISE COMMUNITY OR THE RAISE WEBSITE, OR (f) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE RAISE WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY.
6) EXCEPT AS MAY BE EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THESE COMMUNITY TERMS, COMMUNITY PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE RAISE COMMUNITY, AND ALL SERVICES AND PRODUCTS PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE RAISE COMMUNITY, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND NO OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR OTHERWISE, ARE MADE WITH RESPECT TO THE SAME, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR SAFETY, OR ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM COURSE OF DEALING. THE RAISE COMMUNITY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES NOT EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN.
7) Each Community Participant agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold the Raise Community and its officers, managers, members, employees, volunteers, agents, affiliates, and representatives harmless from and against any and all claims, demands and all other liabilities, including, but not limited to, costs and attorneys’ fees, made by any third party arising out of or in connection with such Community Participant’s involvement with the Raise Community or violation of these Community Terms.
8) The Community Terms will be governed by the laws of the State of Colorado, without regard to its principles of conflicts of laws. Each Community Participant and the Raise Community hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the United States federal and state courts located in Denver, Colorado and agrees that any such court will be the proper forum for the adjudication of any dispute arising hereunder
The Raise Community is owned and managed by Raise Conferences, LLC. The Raise Community is a venture capital community, which provides a forum for potential venture capital investors (the “Potential Investor”) to network and potentially source investment opportunities at the Potential Investor’s sole discretion. Each Potential Investor agrees and understands that neither Raise Community nor any of its producers or sponsors provides any investment advice or recommendations with respect to any particular investment opportunities, companies, funds, or asset classes. The Raise Community makes no representations or warranties as to the completeness or accuracy of information conveyed about investment opportunities. The Potential Investors must conduct their own due diligence on any investment that they choose to make. Whether and how to use information gained through the Raise Community is each Potential Investor’s individual and personal choice. Each Potential Investor is solely responsible for such Potential Investor’s own investment decisions. All investment opportunities presented in connection with the Raise Community involve a high degree of risk. All Potential Investors agree that they are able to bear the risk of complete financial loss. No person or entity affiliated with the Raise Community will be held responsible for any Potential Investor’s use of the information, investment decision, or the results of any investment.